directory-users mailing list archives

From Lohse Chris <LohseChristoph...@JohnDeere.com>
Subject Apahe Directory Studio -- LDIF Export BASE-64 Encoding Strings
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:25:58 GMT
[ApacheDS]

Using version 1.5.3 of Apache Directory Studio to export an LDIF.  I have some attributes
that are Directory String types, but they have some "markup" in them.  The LDIF export is
BASE-64 encoding these strings, and I'm unable to find a way to force it to just output the
string as-is.

For example:
A displayName value of '<b>Engineering Support</b> (Also Select "Home Page")'

Becomes (in the LDIF):
'displayName:: PGI+RW5naW5lZXJpbmcgU3VwcG9ydDwvYj4gKEFsc28gU2VsZWN0ICJIb21lIFBhZ2UiKQ=='

Other displayName values (without any markup) export fine (as simple text).

Advice?

Chris Lohse
Identity Mgmt Team, Corporate Computer Security
Deere & Company World Headquarters
400 - 19th Street Moline, IL 61265
Office: (309) 765-4469
Mobile: (309) 781-6446