directory-users mailing list archives

From Pa <spam.expires.2012.03...@egalwaat.lu>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] ApacheDS 2.0.0 M2 and server.xml
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:29:09 GMT
On 28.10.2011 00:22, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> the configuration from 2.0 will be maintained in LDIF format and this
> is displayed as a partition with name ou=config
> You can use any LDAP client to modify the configuration and server
> needs to be restarted to make the changes effective.

Is there any documentation for version 2.0? I seem to only find
some incomplete doc for 1.5 referencing 1.0. To be honest, I think
the available documentation for ApacheDS is one of the worst I've seen.

I'm new to ApacheDS and tried 1.5.7 first. The server.xml configuration
was very straight forward, but I had to change to 2.0, because ACI
couldn't be used with this version (which I think is very weird, why was
it released then? Isn't that a big part of the program?).

With 2.0 the first setting I tried to set was changing the connecting port
from 10389 to simply 389 and now Apache Directory Studio gives me an
error 49 about AcceptSecurityContext, but I can't change it back because
I can't connect. Is there a way to change it in some config file?

Pa