directory-users mailing list archives

From STF <laps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring the NTP server
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:44:21 GMT
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:31, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 1/12/12 9:57 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
> Hi,
>

>> How do I configure the NTP service in ApacheDS?
>>
> Actually, it's not really functional.The server returns a time which  is
> computed using a new Date(), with an accuracy far from being good.

I'm wondering why ApacheDS also provides NTP service.  Is NTP a compulsory
part of LDAP?
Not that I don't like it, but normally it would be better to have
specialized softwares (ie concentrate in one thing) than "Swiss army knife"
softwares which normally would tend to have average performance.

And NTP service could be provided either by another software or by the
underlying O/S