directory-users mailing list archives

From Herson Cruz <her...@gmail.com>
Subject Enabling partition on ApacheDS 2.0.0-M1
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:30:41 GMT
Hi all,

I've done the following steps in order to create a new partition for my ou=MyCompany

1. Copy example partition entry and then paste it with a new name as:

	ads-partitionId=MyCompany,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

2. Changed attribute ads-partitionsuffix to dc=MyCompany,dc=com

3. On ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config have added attribute ads-partitions=MyCompany

4. When trying to create a new ou under Root DSE or trying to copy ou=system and paste it
with a new name (MyCompany) I get the following error:

[LDAP: error code 32 - NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 89
    Add Request :
Entry
    dn[n]: ou=MyCompany
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: organizationalUnit
    objectClass: extensibleObject
    ou: MyCompany
: ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for ou= MyCompany]

What should I be missing?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Herson.