directory-users mailing list archives

From Bill MacAllister <...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio 2.0 M1
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:58:30 GMT

--On Friday, January 20, 2012 08:00:11 AM +0100 Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>
wrote:

> Hi Bill, Emmanuel,
>
> On 20 janv. 2012, at 07:52, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> On 1/19/12 11:48 PM, Bill MacAllister wrote:
>>> I just downloaded ADS 2.0 on my MacBook and tried binding to our directory
>>> servers
>>> using GSSAPI.  I am getting the following error.
>>>
>>> Error while opening connection
>>>  - javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not load configuration
>>> from SCDynamicStore
>>> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.exception.LdapException:
>>> javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not load configuration from
>>> SCDynamicStore
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bindAsync(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1595)

... error message truncated ...

>>> I have a valid Kerberos ticket and ldapsearch binds just fine.  Am I
>>> missing something?  What should
>>> I try next?
>>
>> Can you try with a JNDI based connection ?
>
> This SCDynamicStore issue really seems to be related with Java on OS X Lion.

Agreed.  I have seen an assortment of problems with the change to Heimdal on
Mac OS X.  To get our OpenFire IM server to accept GSSAPI connections from
Lion I had to patch OpenJDK-7.

> Can you also give us what version of OS X and Java you are using?

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11-402-11M3527)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02-402, mixed mode)

Note, I am not sure this is new behavior.  I have not run 1.5.7 on my
MacBook.  Let me know if you want me to file a Jira ticket.

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University