directory-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Czurda <hasnoadditi...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom schema objects
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:20:22 GMT
Hi,

How can I use custom schema objects in my own application with ApacheDS
2.0? In Studio I created some object classes and attribute types and
stored them in a subtree of ou=schema. So the ldif files are present in
their correct destinations. In Studio I can also build entries with
them. But in my application I get the following error: ERR_04269
ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID [any of my schema objects] does not exist!

The problem must be with my own schema because when I move my schema
objects into any of the predefined schema, I can use them.

Here's what I tried so far:

connection.loadSchema();
schemaManager = connection.getSchemaManager();

SchemaLoader loader = schemaManager.getLoader();
loader.addSchema(new DefaultSchema("mySchema")); //?

schemaManager.enable("mySchema"); //?
schemaManager.load("mySchema"); //?

Well, after this my schema is enabled and loaded but the elements are
still not registered. So how can I register them?

Thank you,
kind regards,
Christoph