directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio 2.0 M1
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:31:53 GMT

On 20 janv. 2012, at 08:00, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Hi Bill, Emmanuel,
>
> On 20 janv. 2012, at 07:52, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> On 1/19/12 11:48 PM, Bill MacAllister wrote:
>>> I just downloaded ADS 2.0 on my MacBook and tried binding to our directory
>>> servers
>>> using GSSAPI.  I am getting the following error.
>>>
>>> Error while opening connection
>>> - javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not load configuration
>>> from SCDynamicStore
>>> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.exception.LdapException:
>>> javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not load configuration from
>>> SCDynamicStore
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bindAsync(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1595)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bind(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1487)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper$2.run(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:438)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1161)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.doBind(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:451)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.bind(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:299)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.OpenConnectionsRunnable.run(OpenConnectionsRunnable.java:114)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.StudioConnectionJob.run(StudioConnectionJob.java:109)
>>> 	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>>> Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not load
>>> configuration from SCDynamicStore
>>> 	at
>>> com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.login(Krb5LoginModule.java:486)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> 	at
>>> 	at
>>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:769)
>>> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:186)
>>> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:683)
>>> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:680)
>>> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:579)
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bindAsync(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1582)
>>>
>>> I have a valid Kerberos ticket and ldapsearch binds just fine.  Am I
>>> missing something?  What should
>>> I try next?
>>
>> Can you try with a JNDI based connection ?
>
> This SCDynamicStore issue really seems to be related with Java on OS X Lion.
>
> Can you also give us what version of OS X and Java you are using?

FYI, I've been able to reproduce the issue here with an ApacheDS (trunk version) server and
Studio (trunk version) using:
- Use native TGT (in Kerberos Credential Configuration)
- Use native system configuration (in Kerberos Configuration)

ATM, I have no idea, why we get this error but, after some googling, it really seems related
to the access of Kerberos settings via Java on OS X Lion.
Similar issue are listed in the mailing lists from Apache Hadoop and OpenJDK (Mac OS X port)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud