directory-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Taylor <a...@benow.ca>
Subject LDAP API Documentation
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:13:14 GMT
A strong start, thanks.  Keep it up.  A few issues:
- Some is stale
  - LdapConnection.bind(...) returning a BindResult, which is no longer
does
  - LdapConnection.search(...) no longer returns a SearchCursor, but an
EntryCursor
- I wanted to see a inclusion of getting repeating attribute values.
- Modifying entries (and following) is absent.

Otherwise, a nice start.  If you need a hand I might be able to write up
a bit.

FWIW, I've found some issues with the EntryCursor... it's throwing
Exception, which it should not be doing.  I've made a modified class
(attached) which wraps and only throws LdapException.  Only throwing one
exception (and not a high level Exception) is a better way.

A great (great) project.

Andy