directory-users mailing list archives

From Xybrek <xyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No "LDAP Perspective" for Eclipse after plug-in install
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:11:52 GMT
On Tuesday, 13 December, 2011 04:02 PM, Linus van Geuns wrote:
> Hey Xybrek,
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Xybrek<xybrek-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
 wrote:
>> Hi, I've been struggling to install Apache Directory studio for eclipse,
>> however after install there is no LDAP perspective, I've tried installing
>> both in Win32 and Linux.
>>
>> I've installed from this update site:
>> http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x
>>
>> The installation did not encountered any problems.
>>
>> Am I missing some steps?
>>

> did you install the correct plugin?
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/installation-in-eclipse.html
> (version numbers in those screenshots are out of date)
>
> After installing the LDAP browser plugin, there is no "LDAP" perspective at:
> "Window" =>  "Open Perspective" =>  "Other"?
>
> Regards, Linus

Hi, I don't know what happened just now, but LDAP perspective is ok now,
I just placed my laptop into hibernate state then after resuming its ok.
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

BTW, I am really new to LDAP and Active directory, and I'm trying to
create a "New LDAP connection" with the plugin but I am not sure what to
put with "Bind DN or user" and "Bind password"