directory-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver Schmidt" <oliver.schmidt....@arcor.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Re: Access Restriction
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:37:37 GMT
Hi Kevin,

you'll have to do the following steps now:

1) Go to the entry for which you want to enable access control. Add the
attribute "administrativeRole" with the value "accessControlSpecificArea".
AD-Studio will mention that this attribute does not belong to the schema
you use. You can ignore this.
2) Add a new entry below the entry where you have added the
"administrativeRole" attribute. Use the object classes
"accessControlSubentry", "subentry" and "top". As RDN attribute name, use
"cn" and choose a name of your preference.
2a) You will be asked to specify the subentry. Leave it empty.
2b) You will be asked to specify the ACI element:
       * Identificator: <your choice>
       * Authentication level: simple=non-SASL / strong=SASL (I would choose
simple first)
       * User or element first: User
       * User classes: Choose "name" and specify your admin2
       * User permissions:
         * Protected elements: "entry", "all user attribute types and
values"
         * Grants and denials: Here, you can grant everything

Once you have set this up, you can play around with your ACI a little bit
more and maybe grant users to see their own entries and so on. There
should be some learning trails about access control in the user guides
which might also help you.

--
Kind regards

Oliver