directory-users mailing list archives

From Arpit Gupta <g.ar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to specify the ldif file in server.xml for kdc
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:50:10 GMT
Ah that did the trick that the server starts up (before the stuff i was trying was causing
the server to not start up) but it does not add the new users that i had specified in my ldif
file. I took the file that was provided in the documentation and updated it to just have one
user but that user does not seem to be there. I tried to do a kinit and  also refreshed the
entry in apache studio but it did not have the new user. fyi i am using 1.5.7. Below is the
ldif file i am trying to load.

objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
objectClass: top
dc: example
o: example.com

dn: ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: top
ou: Users

dn: uid=arpit,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: krb5principal
objectClass: krb5kdcentry
cn: Arpit Gupta
sn: Gupta
uid: arpit
userPassword: secret
krb5PrincipalName: arpit@EXAMPLE.COM
krb5KeyVersionNumber: 0

--
Arpit
g.arpit@gmail.com

On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:28 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> set the 'ldifDirectory' attribute of the 'apacheDS' entry
> Note that this attribute takes a directory path under which it looks
> for LDIF files.
>
> HTH
>

> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Arpit Gupta <arpit@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have been searching to see if i can find how i can specify an ldif file to be loaded
using the server.xml.

>> I want to try to load the http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/543-kerberos-in-apacheds-155.data/kdc-data.ldif
>>
>> I noticed that the users in the above file are already present but i wanted to see
if i needed to create users could i specify them in an ldif file and load them via the server.xml
for my kdc. I have figured out how to add them via apache studio but was looking for a way
where if i have a ldif file with all the users how to add that in server.xml