directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS changing value of pwdPolicySubEntry after creation
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:05:35 GMT
are you modifying this entry as a admin user? if not try modifying
with a admin user connection/session
let us know if there are any issues.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
> sorry for the late reply, will take a look at this tomorrow and let you know
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM,  <Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I'm stuck on this issue, any feedback is most appreciated.
>>
>> I have two types of users -  'inside' and 'outside' . There exists a password policy
for each type.
>> When users are created, the pwdPolicySubEntry attribute is added with the DN of the
relevant policy. - OK

>> We have a case were users can be moved from inside to outside and vice versa.
>>
>> LdapContext.rename(strOldDn, strNewDn);
>>
>> Moving the user object as shown above works fine but I cannot figure out how to update
the policy afterwards.

>> Tried to replace or delete the attribute, the following exception occurs.
>> [LDAP: error code 50 - INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS: failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST
Message ID : 45     Modify Request
>> Object : 'uid=1320878789594,ou=users,ou=ext,o=cpro'
>> Modification[0]
>> Operation :  replace
>> Modification     pwdPolicySubEntry: ads-pwdId=cproint,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
>> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@878ad1e1<mailto:org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@878ad1e1>:
ERR_52 Cannot modify the attribute : ATTRIBUTE_TYPE ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.1.23  NAME 'pwdPolicySubentry'
 DESC The pwdPolicy subentry in effect for this object  EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch
 SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12  SINGLE-VALUE  NO-USER-MODIFICATION  USAGE directoryOperation
 ) ]

--
Kiran Ayyagari