directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Problem creating a new object class
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 13:26:48 GMT
In the case of a 'slapd.conf' file, you simply need to include the new schema file.

In the case of a dynamic configuration backend, this guide should help:
http://www.zarafa.com/wiki/index.php/OpenLdap:_Switch_to_dynamic_config_backend_(cn%3Dconfig)#Convert_schema_files_for_import

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 8 nov. 2011, at 14:19, Fourat ZOUARI wrote:

> I've exported my schema as a OpenLDAP file, but how can i import it in my server ?
>

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately the Schema Editor does not allow you (yet!) to push back modifications
done on the schema directly (live, via LDAP).
> You still have to export your new schema as an OpenLDAP Schema file and use it with your
OpenLDAP server.

> Hope this helps,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

> On 8 nov. 2011, at 13:59, Fourat ZOUARI wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am working with the AD studio 1.5.3 which is connecting to a OpenLDAP 2.4.3 server,
i've opened the Schema editor perspective and added the new objectClass 'Tux' to the Object
Classes subdirectory, now i can see it with ther  other objects (top, person, posixAccount
...), when i switch back to LDAP perspective, i see all other objectClasses but not my new
one.