directory-users mailing list archives

From Arpit Gupta <g.ar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to specify the ldif file in server.xml for kdc
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 04:49:41 GMT
Awesome that solved it. I created another file with the new principal and restated the server
and the principal was available :)

Thanks a lot Kiran.

--
Arpit
g.arpit@gmail.com

On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:41 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> I guess that this file was already marked by the server as processed
> hence any updates done to the file afterwards are not
> taken into account, can you try it with a brand new instance of the
> server and see.
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Arpit Gupta <g.arpit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ah that did the trick that the server starts up (before the stuff i was trying was
causing the server to not start up) but it does not add the new users that i had specified
in my ldif file. I took the file that was provided in the documentation and updated it to
just have one user but that user does not seem to be there. I tried to do a kinit and  also
refreshed the entry in apache studio but it did not have the new user. fyi i am using 1.5.7.
Below is the ldif file i am trying to load.

>> objectClass: dcObject
>> objectClass: organization
>> objectClass: top
>> dc: example
>> o: example.com
>>
>> dn: ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
>> objectClass: organizationalUnit
>> objectClass: top
>> ou: Users
>>
>> dn: uid=arpit,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: person
>> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
>> objectClass: krb5principal
>> objectClass: krb5kdcentry
>> cn: Arpit Gupta
>> sn: Gupta
>> uid: arpit
>> userPassword: secret
>> krb5PrincipalName: arpit@EXAMPLE.COM
>> krb5KeyVersionNumber: 0
>>

>> --
>> Arpit
>> g.arpit@gmail.com
>>

>> On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:28 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>>
>>> set the 'ldifDirectory' attribute of the 'apacheDS' entry
>>> Note that this attribute takes a directory path under which it looks
>>> for LDIF files.
>>>
>>> HTH

to be loaded using the server.xml.

to see if i needed to create users could i specify them in an ldif file and load them via
the server.xml for my kdc. I have figured out how to add them via apache studio but was looking
for a way where if i have a ldif file with all the users how to add that in server.xml