directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Problem creating a new object class
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 18:20:18 GMT
As I said, we only support getting the schema via an LDAP connection, the commit functionality
is not yet implemented.

Adding your new schema elements to the directory server is still an extra step you need to
do by hand, depending on the server.

For OpenLDAP, you need to export your schema as an OpenLDAP schema file and use one of the
two techniques I described in my previous mail.

For ApacheDS, you can export your schema as an LDIF in the Schema Editor perspective of Apache
Directory Studio and then import it on your connection via the LDIF Import in the LDAP Browser
(Close and re-open your connection afterwards, to make sure the connection is aware of the
updated schema).

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud