directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LdapException: ERR_04274 Cant find an OID for the name {0}
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 15:30:45 GMT
On 11/4/11 4:15 PM, Harakiri wrote:
> A client (blackberry server) is searching for a user in the apacheds LDAP.
>
> However, apache DS returns the above error.
>
> On the server side, i only see that lookup is performed - it seems that whatever apacheDS
returns for lookup - the blackberry server does not like the answer - more over it seems blackberry
uses standard java ldap client for querying:

> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP, javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80
- OTHER: failed for     SearchRequest>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         baseDn : 'o=mydn'>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         filter : '(|(&(|(0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.3=user@email.com*))(|(2.5.4.36=*)(usercertificate;binary=*)))(objectClass=referral))'>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         scope : whole subtree>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         typesOnly : false>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         Size Limit : 50>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         Time Limit : no limit>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         Deref Aliases : deref Always>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP,         attributes : 'givenname', 'cn', 'sn', 'mail',
'usercertificate', 'usercertificate;binary'>
> <LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAP, : org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapException:
ERR_04274 Cant find an OID for the name {0}]; remaining

> I found one other user with the exact same problem however he does not use the blackberry
as client

> http://www.jahia.com/cms/home/community/forum/jahia-user/jahia-65/jahia-65-ldap-connection-with-ap.html
>
> His solution was
>
> "I changed the value of property search.wildcards.attributes to "" and now it works fine."
>
> well - i obviously have no control on how the blackberry performs the search so i can
only fix something server side.

> This issue occurs on apache ds 1.6.x and 2.0.3

Searching for usercertificate;binary won't work.

We have fixed that in trunk, it's not yet released.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,