directory-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Disher <jdis...@parad.net>
Subject Re: Replication configuration
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:54:03 GMT
I built 1180264 (after much difficulty, getting deb packages to build, so I could deploy it
to my admin nodes), but can't get it to start because things are missing, and unfortunately
the documentation for 2.0 is, well, nonexistent.  Right now it's vomiting on the lack of any
schema ldif/structure being present.  I am trying to not build locally on the admin nodes,
they need to remain clean and reproducible, deployable binary packages are required (I need
to build, at last count, approx 13 replicas world wide).

I will svn up and rebuild, but I suspect that will not fix my schema problems.  Is there any
2.0 documentation in any functional state?

-j

On Oct 11, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> the trunk is back to stable condition, you can svn up your local copy
> or checkout the head directly
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies
>>
>> please checkout the revision 1180264 cause currently there are few
>> changes that destabilized the trunk (should be back to normal in
>> couple days)
>>
>> Please let us know if you have any issues.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Jonathan Disher <jdisher@parad.net> wrote:
>>> So, I checked out trunk and appear to have gotten ApacheDS 1.5.  Where do I check
out the 2.0 tree?

>>> -j

- Failed to initialize the log files required by the syncrepl provider
required by the syncrepl provider
Cannot start the server : java.lang.NullPointerException
- This server does not allow replication

389), so creating files shouldn't be a problem.

- This server does not allow replication

ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3 - is this correct?  If so, can anyone point me in the direction of some
configuration instructions?

master, I just need one master and a bunch of localized slaves.