directory-users mailing list archives

From david jones <jonesd...@gmail.com>
Subject storing arrays in ldap?
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:50:09 GMT
Any thoughts on the best way to store an array in ldap and how to structure
the schema and attributes?

ex. I have an array of Targets
     each Target has a minValue, maxValue,  and priority

    so how to I go from a java array, i.e:
                 minValue[1]=10; maxValue[1] = 20; priority[1]=1
                 minValue[2]=0;   maxValue[2] = 30; priority[2]=5
                      .
                      .
                      .

   and store it to ldap? Should i make Target a  Multiple-Value , but how to
associate the index, minValue, maxValue and priority?
Can an attribute only have a single value?

Note: There should only be a max of 16 Targets, so I could create separate
attributes for each Target as Single-Value, i.e. Target1, Target2, ....
but again, whats the best way to associate
minValue[2],maxValue[2],priority[2] with Target2?

--
David