directory-users mailing list archives

From Craig Setera <cr...@mfoundry.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues and strange logs
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:31:28 GMT
Assuming that the errors and warnings are not a big deal, can you suggest
any reasons that we would have connections stacking up and timing out?  The
use case is likely heavier on write than would be standard for LDAP, but it
seems the failure threshold (number of connections) is very low.  This is
hosted on a multi-core machine (virtual machine) and when it gets bad, our
operations people say that a single core of the machine is pegged at 100%
CPU while others are essentially idle.  Are there parts of Apache DS that
have thread affinity and would be "stuck" to a single processor?

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Craig

--
Craig Setera