directory-users mailing list archives

From Craig Setera <>
Subject Re: Indexing schema attributes
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:54:27 GMT
Thanks so much for the information.  It does appear that things are working
with indexing enabled, although I had hoped it would improve performance
even more than it has.... on the other hand a 10% improvement is nothing to
sneeze at.

The other potential speed improvement I can think of in our application is
to disable "syncOnWrite" for our partition.  I'm concerned, however, about
the data getting out of sync.  Can you give me an idea of when/how the data
is pushed to disk if syncOnWrite is disabled?

Thanks again for the insights.

On Tuesday, October 4, 2011, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > On 10/4/11 2:11 AM, Craig Setera wrote:
> >>
> >> I actually assumed that to be the case.  In our case, we did an LDIF
> >> export,
> >> set up the indices and re-imported the LDIF.  Before the addition of the
> >> indices, our search would return a single result and after we would get
> >> zero
> >> results.  I initially attributed that to the indices not being correctly
> >> registered, but from what you are saying that is not the case.

Craig Setera
Director, Product Engineering
p 415.324.5801