directory-users mailing list archives

From Craig Setera <cr...@mfoundry.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues and strange logs
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:45:00 GMT
I swapped out the MINA JAR with no code changes and it seemed to work fine,
but did not appear to resolve the performance issue.  Would the Ldapserver
changes you mentioned be required to see an improvement (seems unlikely).  I
assume https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-678 is the bug we are
talking about?  I grabbed MINA 2.0.4, which I assumed had the fix in it?

I'm being told that the Apache DS instance is clogging up with a relatively
low connection count.  How would I go about determining the root cause?
 Some things that we are considering doing:

* Enabling attribute indexing
* Disabling sync on write
* Partitioning the data

However, those things are all just grasping at straws since we don't really
understand *why* things are behaving like they are.

Any insights appreciated.  Our team is working through the weekend to try
these various options in hopes of finding the magic key, but it would be
nice to have a better idea where to focus our efforts.

Thanks,
Craig

--
Craig Setera