directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Indexing schema attributes
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 00:07:54 GMT
ah, forgot to mention that before, newly created indices in versions
prior to 1.5.7 will not contain the indexed data for the already
existing data
(i.e if there are 100 entries already present before adding a new
index then the new index will not contain any relevant data from the
existing 100 entries
, it will be populated with the data that was added subsequently (e.x
adding a 101 entry ) )

The work around is to export the data, remove the data from server and
finally re-import after creating the relevant indices.
(this is not needed for the version > 1.5.7)

--
Kiran Ayyagari