directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS V2 Replication not working
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:44:02 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Steve Hayden <hshayden@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have created/configured two ApacheDS V2 servers on one machine (Windows 07'), named
"ApacheDS_Server3" (the "master", port 30389), and "ApacheDS_Server4" (the "slave", port 40489).
(I configured these using instructions documented in "users@directory.apage.org" email thread
"How to create multiple instances of ApacheDS V2 on one machine".

> I start the two from a Cygwin command line prompt using the following command:
>
> java -jar apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar instances/ApacheDS_Server3/
>
> (this is for the master, for the slave, an identical command with only the last character
is changed to "4")

> I can "Open Connection" in Apache Directory Studio on both servers, and they seem healthy.
On the master I have imported the following LDIF:

> dn: ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
> changetype: modify
> add: ads-replReqHandler
> ads-replReqHandler: org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler
> -
>

> And on the slave, I have imported the following LDIF:
>
> dn: ads-replConsumerId=1,ou=replConsumers,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
> objectClass: ads-base
> objectClass: ads-replConsumer
> objectClass: top
> ads-replAliasDerefMode: never
> ads-replAttributes: *
> ads-replConsumerId: 1
> ads-replProvHostName: localhost
> ads-replProvPort: 30389
> ads-replRefreshInterval: 60000
> ads-replRefreshNPersist: true
> ads-replSearchFilter: (objectClass=*)
> ads-replSearchScope: sub
> ads-replSearchSizeLimit: 0
> ads-replSearchTimeOut: 0
> ads-replUserDn: uid=admin,ou=system
> ads-replUserPassword:: secret
> ads-searchBaseDN: ou=system
>

> I can start/stop both servers and that seem to behave normally. When I stop the master,
it seems the slave IS "listening", as it throws the following exception:

> java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:37)
>         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:250)
>         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:223)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:248)
>         at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioProcessor.read(NioProcessor.java:280)
>

> However, no data gets replicated from "ou=system". I have users in "ou=users", I have
an element in "ou=system" ("ou=MyDevices"), I have added a new user since replication was
"turned on", and none of this data gets propagated to the slave.

> I also changed the refresh interval to a shorter period (5000), as well as I had the
incorrect value for the port in the LDIF file, and changed it in Apache Directory Studio.
Making this change there should not be a problem, right?

> Is there anything obvious in my data (above), or in my methodology, that would prevent
data from being replicated?

did you restart the slave after changing the provider port? please
provide any logs if you have

--
Kiran Ayyagari