directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS "Tools" "dump" question
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:58:56 GMT
just a note that the current implementation works in Master-Slave mode only

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Steve Hayden <hshayden@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> Thanks for prompt response and information.
>>
>> As far as the steps below,
>>
>> 1) is the first step performed on the "master", and the second performed on the (for
lack of better term) "slave"?
> yes
>> 2) if the answer to the first question is "yes", then I presume that in the second
step, as it indicates "localhost", that both servers are running on the same machine in this
case?
> yeah, I just provided that as an example, it can be a different host name
>> 3) as both steps below include LDIF, I presume I could "import" the associated LDIF's
using the import function in Apache Directory Studio (once modified to the specifics of my
environment)?
> yeap
>> 4) for the parameter/value "ads-replRefreshInterval: 60000", what is the time increment
(does "60000" equal 60 (e.g. "refresh every 60 seconds)?
> yes, the value is given in milli seconds
>> 5) for the parameter/value "ads-searchBaseDN: ou=system", does that mean "only update/replicate
data/updates in the "ou=system" part of the DIT? (and if so, how does one replicate both "ou=system"
and "ou=schema" for example)

> again this was just an example, you can give any partition that you
> want to replicate.with and currently there exists support for
> replicating
> with multiple partitions, however I think the config reader won't
> support at the moment (thanks for bringing this up, this reminded me
> about the
> forgotten issue with the config reader), will fix this in the trunk
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your invaluable information.
>>
>> Kindest regards,
>> Steve

("http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/mitosis-development-guide.html") it indicates the
way to setup replication is as follows:

>>> Configuration
>>> The replication system is a Multi-Master replication, ie, each server can
>>> update any server it is connected to. The way you tell a server to replicate
>>> others is simple :
>>> <replicationInterceptor>
>>> <configuration>
>>> <replicationConfiguration logMaxAge="5"
>>> replicaId="instance_a"
>>> replicationInterval="2"
>>> responseTimeout="10"
>>> serverPort="10390">
>>> <s:property name="peerReplicas">
>>> <s:set>
>>> <s:value>instance_b@localhost:1234</s:value>
>>> <s:value>instance_c@localhost:1234</s:value>
>>> </s:set>
>>> </s:property>
>>> </replicationConfiguration>
>>> </configuration>
>>> </replicationInterceptor>
>>>

>>> However, it does not indicate where this code should go (or am I blind?).
>>> This looks like normal XML, but I do not find any XML files in the ApacheDS 2.0
folders/directories  (or again, am I blind?).

--
Kiran Ayyagari