directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS "Tools" "dump" question
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:05:39 GMT
Hi Steve,

    The configuration for version 2.0 is stored in an LDIF file. This
configuration is also exposed as a partition named ou=config

    1. To make a server respond to replication requests add the
attribute ads-replReqHandler with the value
        org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler

    (you can also directly execute the below LDIF directly )

dn: ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
changetype: modify
add: ads-replReqHandler
ads-replReqHandler:
org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler

    2. To replicate with another server add an entry with the
objectclass 'ads-replConsumer' under
ou=replConsumers,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

  an example would be

dn: ads-replConsumerId=1,ou=replConsumers,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectClass: ads-base
objectClass: ads-replConsumer
objectClass: top
ads-replAliasDerefMode: never
ads-replAttributes: *
ads-replConsumerId: 1
ads-replProvHostName: localhost
ads-replProvPort: 1090
ads-replRefreshInterval: 60000
ads-replRefreshNPersist: true
ads-replSearchFilter: (objectClass=*)
ads-replSearchScope: sub
ads-replSearchSizeLimit: 0
ads-replSearchTimeOut: 0
ads-replUserDn: uid=admin,ou=system
ads-replUserPassword:: c2VjcmV0
ads-searchBaseDN: ou=system

        finally the server needs to be restarted to make these changes effective

Let us know if you have any other questions

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Steve Hayden <hshayden@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am pursuing the option you suggested of going to ApacheDS 2.0, and in the documentation
("http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/mitosis-development-guide.html") it indicates the
way to setup replication is as follows:

--
Kiran Ayyagari