directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Indexing schema attributes
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 13:12:44 GMT
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/4/11 2:11 AM, Craig Setera wrote:
>>
>> I actually assumed that to be the case.  In our case, we did an LDIF
>> export,
>> set up the indices and re-imported the LDIF.  Before the addition of the
>> indices, our search would return a single result and after we would get
>> zero
>> results.  I initially attributed that to the indices not being correctly
>> registered, but from what you are saying that is not the case.
>
> We need to add some extended operation to get the index created when it's
IMO an extended operation won't be efficient, and also requires the
server to cease any updates from happening
while the new index is building. Currently the server requires a
restart after adding a new index, which I see as a safe approach
> added after some data have been added. Another option (and I think we
> already have done that) would be to have a command line option that can be
> run on a stopped server to recreate the index. AFAIR, Kiran, you wrote such
> a tool, right ?

yes, but never updated after my initial implementation
> In any case, we should be able to create this index without having to
> export/import the data before 2.0

export/import is no longer necessary in the latest versions(>1.5.7)
except that the server needs to be restarted after
adding a new index/indices

--
Kiran Ayyagari