directory-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Disher <jdis...@parad.net>
Subject Re: Replication configuration
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 01:42:53 GMT
OK, I'm kind of stumped.

I have successfully built ApacheDS from trunk a couple of times, but cannot get it deployed
on my directory system.  It installs, but refuses to start, complaining about no schema present.
 Where do I get the schema files from, or why are they not packaged up with the rest of apaches
when I build a package?

-j

On Oct 13, 2011, at 2:29 PM, Jonathan Disher wrote:

> Yeah, kerberos failed, I commented it out because I don't run it.
>
> I will let you know
>
> -j
> On Oct 13, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Jonathan Disher wrote:
>
>> I built 1180264 (after much difficulty, getting deb packages to build, so I could
deploy it to my admin nodes), but can't get it to start because things are missing, and unfortunately
the documentation for 2.0 is, well, nonexistent.  Right now it's vomiting on the lack of any
schema ldif/structure being present.  I am trying to not build locally on the admin nodes,
they need to remain clean and reproducible, deployable binary packages are required (I need
to build, at last count, approx 13 replicas world wide).

>> I will svn up and rebuild, but I suspect that will not fix my schema problems.  Is
there any 2.0 documentation in any functional state?

>> -j
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>>
>>> the trunk is back to stable condition, you can svn up your local copy
>>> or checkout the head directly

- Failed to initialize the log files required by the syncrepl provider
log files required by the syncrepl provider
- Cannot start the server : java.lang.NullPointerException
- This server does not allow replication

on 389), so creating files shouldn't be a problem.

this on my slave:

<jdisher@parad.net> wrote:
> [...]
in ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3 - is this correct?  If so, can anyone point me in the direction of some
configuration instructions?

N-way multi master, I just need one master and a bunch of localized slaves.