directory-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Disher <jdis...@parad.net>
Subject Re: Replication configuration
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 02:29:36 GMT
I managed to get the base schema files copied over, but now it vomits with new errors.

root@admin1.sjc1.eng:/var/lib/apacheds-2.0.0-M4-SNAPSHOT/default/log# cat apacheds.log
[02:25:59] ERROR [org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.api.LdapApiServiceFactory] - Failed
to instantiate a viable instance, instantiating new instance of
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.extras.controls.ppolicy.PasswordPolicyFactory
	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.StandaloneLdapApiService.loadExtraControls(StandaloneLdapApiService.java:249)
	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.StandaloneLdapApiService.loadControls(StandaloneLdapApiService.java:203)
	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.StandaloneLdapApiService.<init>(StandaloneLdapApiService.java:164)
	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.api.LdapApiServiceFactory.initialize(LdapApiServiceFactory.java:128)
	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.api.LdapApiServiceFactory.getSingleton(LdapApiServiceFactory.java:89)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.<init>(DefaultDirectoryService.java:138)
	at org.apache.directory.server.config.builder.ServiceBuilder.createDirectoryService(ServiceBuilder.java:1258)
	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.initDirectoryService(ApacheDsService.java:294)
	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.start(ApacheDsService.java:175)
	at org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.start(ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.java:72)
	at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)
[02:26:00] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper] - Failed to start
the service.
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.exception.LdapOtherException
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:76)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1576)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1006)
	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.initDirectoryService(ApacheDsService.java:307)
	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.start(ApacheDsService.java:175)
	at org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.start(ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.java:72)
	at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.shared.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.doInit(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:204)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:71)
	... 6 more

I guess I really have two questions right now:

1) Is there any documentation for building ApacheDS 2.0.0 from trunk?  All the docs I find
are talking about 1.5, and nothing I find seems to build anything complete and correct enough
to get running.
2) When can I expect to see the official M4 build packages show up online?

I would love to be able to build from trunk, and I would love to be able to use ApacheDS,
but I've burned about a week on this so far, with nothing functioning, and I have actual production
need :(

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-j

On Oct 17, 2011, at 6:42 PM, Jonathan Disher wrote:

> OK, I'm kind of stumped.
>
> I have successfully built ApacheDS from trunk a couple of times, but cannot get it deployed
on my directory system.  It installs, but refuses to start, complaining about no schema present.
 Where do I get the schema files from, or why are they not packaged up with the rest of apaches
when I build a package?

> -j
>
> On Oct 13, 2011, at 2:29 PM, Jonathan Disher wrote:
>
>> Yeah, kerberos failed, I commented it out because I don't run it.
>>
>> I will let you know
>>
>> -j
>> On Oct 13, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Jonathan Disher wrote:
>>
>>> I built 1180264 (after much difficulty, getting deb packages to build, so I could
deploy it to my admin nodes), but can't get it to start because things are missing, and unfortunately
the documentation for 2.0 is, well, nonexistent.  Right now it's vomiting on the lack of any
schema ldif/structure being present.  I am trying to not build locally on the admin nodes,
they need to remain clean and reproducible, deployable binary packages are required (I need
to build, at last count, approx 13 replicas world wide).

>>> I will svn up and rebuild, but I suspect that will not fix my schema problems.
 Is there any 2.0 documentation in any functional state?

>>> -j

Where do I check out the 2.0 tree?

- Failed to initialize the log files required by the syncrepl provider
the log files required by the syncrepl provider
- Cannot start the server : java.lang.NullPointerException
- This server does not allow replication

listen on 389), so creating files shouldn't be a problem.

get this on my slave:

- This server does not allow replication

works in ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3 - is this correct?  If so, can anyone point me in the direction
of some configuration instructions?

like N-way multi master, I just need one master and a bunch of localized slaves.