directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS on production
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:04:21 GMT
On 10/20/11 6:51 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com wrote:
> We've been using 1.5.5, then 1.5.7 in customers' production environments for a couple
years now on both windows and linux.
> For dozens of customers I think it's hung maybe once or twice. A service restart resolved
the issue.
> Despite power failures, operating system crashes, etc we've never lost its database or
experienced any type of corruption.
> We'll be rolling out 2.0 to a few customers next year And if all goes well we'll convert
them all. This is a great product and I appreciate all the effort that goes into it.

Many thanks for such a feedback !

Be aware that 2.0 is not ready yet, we are still shaking the code base.
Wait until it's released as 2.0.0-RC1.

Note that we are still very careful to deliver milestones that are
useable, but a milestone may see a lot of internal modifications from
the previous milestone which might requires some changes in the
configuration, plus a full export/import of data.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,