directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading to apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar - ClassNotFoundException
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:50:48 GMT
On 10/18/11 5:46 PM, Harakiri wrote:

> --- On Tue, 10/18/11, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@apache.org>  wrote:
>

>> Can you test the same code without the ;binary ?
>>
>> serverEntry.put("userCertificate", byte..);
>>

>> I'm sure that we should support the ';binary' in entries,
>> and I'm positive that is a bug. Can you please fill a JIRA,
>> so that we don't forget to fix it ?
>>
>> Many thanks !
> The code works fine without the binary - but im a bit confused now - the whole point
of the JIRA entry was to add support for binary attributes - why do you want to open another?

> This issue should just be reopened:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1198
>
> (I can add a new entry but i dont see the point)

Ah, yes, sure.

But can you add the exact reason why its failing ? It seems to be a
different failure : we are trying to look for 'usercertificate;binary'
in the schema on the client side, and obviously, t's not working. Doing
the same thing in the server is handled correctly (well, it's a
disgusting hack, frankly :/).

In any case, it should be fixed...

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the pain ...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,