directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <>
Subject Re: Upgrading to apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar - ClassNotFoundException
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:14:33 GMT
On 10/18/11 5:01 PM, Harakiri wrote:
> --- On Sat, 10/15/11, Emmanuel Lécharny<>  wrote:
>>> I think you dont understand - your own code is calling
>> IntegerOrderingComparator but it doesnt exist! i dont call
>> it - i only call loadAllEnabled - the jar references a class
>> which does not exist in the jar!
>> Oops, sorry, yes, I misunderstood...
>> However, I did a grep -R 'IntegerOrderingComparator' . on
>> the server
>> code (rev 2.0.0-M3) and it brings back nothing, which means
>> this method
>> is not present in the code base.
>> Can you do the same thing on your computer, and give us the
>> result ? I'd
>> like to know which ldif file contain this class name. IMO,
>> as Alex said,
>> it's very likely that you are still using an old ldif file
>> which was
>> coming from an old version.
> Alright - i did not know that the auto generated schema from a previous version is doing
some reflection and needs to be deleted - after that and some more porting i got my custom
partition running.
> However - the whole point of this exercise was to be finally able to use binary attributes
while answering search requests - according to the JIRA this bug should be fixed:
> When i try to set this attribute however i get an exception:
> Error while adding values into the 'userCertificate;binary' attribute. Error : ERR_04269
ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID usercertificate;binary does not exist!
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ERR_04464 Error while adding values into the 'userCertificate;binary'
attribute. Error : ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for O
> ID usercertificate;binary does not exist!     at
> code used:
>   Entry serverEntry = new DefaultEntry(schemaManager, dn);
>    serverEntry.put(SchemaConstants.OBJECT_CLASS_AT,
>                          SchemaConstants.INET_ORG_PERSON_OC);
>          serverEntry.put("name", cn);
> serverEntry.put("userCertificate;binary", byte..);
> I gathered - that i somehow must add the oid for userCertificate;binary but im unsure
how to do that... This is just readonly inmemory custom partition which should return dynamic
data depending on the search request.

Can you test the same code without the ;binary ?

serverEntry.put("userCertificate", byte..);

I'm sure that we should support the ';binary' in entries, and I'm positive that is a bug.
Can you please fill a JIRA, so that we don't forget to fix it ?

Many thanks !

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message