directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues and strange logs
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:51:44 GMT
On 10/12/11 10:24 PM, Craig Setera wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

which ADS version are you using ? Is it still 1.5.5 ?

> Last week I was asking about indexing and performance gains from those
> indexes.  The question stemmed from some performance problems that we are
> currently having in our environment.  In that environment, we are seeing
> extremely poor performance and Apache DS getting bogged down after a
> relatively small number of connections (under 100).  When that happens, the
> connections start to "stack up" and eventually time out.  I was surprised by
> the performance, but was looking at things like indexing and disabling sync
> on write as ways to improve the situation.
>
> Now, I've received some logs from testing and I'm beginning to wonder if
> there is something else going on.  I'm seeing many entries in the logs that
> look like:
>
> [18:27:52] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapSession] -
> AbandonableRequest with messageId 2 not found in outstandingRequests.
> [18:27:53] WARN [org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.Asn1Decoder] - The PDU
> has been fully decoded but there are still bytes in the buffer.
> [18:27:53] WARN [org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.Asn1Decoder] - The PDU
> has been fully decoded but there are still bytes in the buffer.
> [18:27:53] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapSession] -
> AbandonableRequest with messageId 2 not found in outstandingRequests.
> [18:27:53] WARN [org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.Asn1Decoder] - The PDU
> has been fully decoded but there are still bytes in the buffer.
> [18:27:53] WARN [org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.Asn1Decoder] - The PDU
> has been fully decoded but there are still bytes in the buffer.
This message just means that some data has been received, decoded
correctly, but we have still some remaining bytes in the buffer. It's a
warning, not an error. The remaining bytes will be decoded later.
Nothing to be scared about.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,