directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing schema attributes
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 04:30:42 GMT
On 10/4/11 2:11 AM, Craig Setera wrote:
> I actually assumed that to be the case.  In our case, we did an LDIF export,
> set up the indices and re-imported the LDIF.  Before the addition of the
> indices, our search would return a single result and after we would get zero
> results.  I initially attributed that to the indices not being correctly
> registered, but from what you are saying that is not the case.

We need to add some extended operation to get the index created when
it's added after some data have been added. Another option (and I think
we already have done that) would be to have a command line option that
can be run on a stopped server to recreate the index. AFAIR, Kiran, you
wrote such a tool, right ?

In any case, we should be able to create this index without having to
export/import the data before 2.0

--
Regards,
Cordialement,