directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Replication configuration
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:26:51 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

There have been recently major refactoring at the core of ApacheDS as we're trying to improve
the backend and move it to OSGI as well.
It required us a few packages renamings and some classes being moved.
A few references might have stayed in some text files (like schema files) with a wrong class
name.

I'll have a look at your issue this morning.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 18 oct. 2011, at 04:29, Jonathan Disher wrote:

> I managed to get the base schema files copied over, but now it vomits with new errors.
>
> root@admin1.sjc1.eng:/var/lib/apacheds-2.0.0-M4-SNAPSHOT/default/log# cat apacheds.log

> [02:25:59] ERROR [org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.api.LdapApiServiceFactory] -
Failed to instantiate a viable instance, instantiating new instance of
> [...]
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
> 	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.StandaloneLdapApiService.loadExtraControls(StandaloneLdapApiService.java:249)
> 	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.StandaloneLdapApiService.loadControls(StandaloneLdapApiService.java:203)
> 	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.StandaloneLdapApiService.<init>(StandaloneLdapApiService.java:164)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
> 	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.api.LdapApiServiceFactory.initialize(LdapApiServiceFactory.java:128)
> 	at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.api.LdapApiServiceFactory.getSingleton(LdapApiServiceFactory.java:89)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.<init>(DefaultDirectoryService.java:138)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.config.builder.ServiceBuilder.createDirectoryService(ServiceBuilder.java:1258)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.initDirectoryService(ApacheDsService.java:294)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.start(ApacheDsService.java:175)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.start(ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.java:72)
> 	at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)
> [02:26:00] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper] - Failed
to start the service.
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.exception.LdapOtherException
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:76)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1576)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1006)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.initDirectoryService(ApacheDsService.java:307)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.ApacheDsService.start(ApacheDsService.java:175)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.start(ApacheDsTanukiWrapper.java:72)
> 	at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.core.shared.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.doInit(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:204)
> 	at org.apache.directory.server.core.api.partition.AbstractPartition.initialize(AbstractPartition.java:71)
> 	... 6 more
>
> I guess I really have two questions right now:
>
> 1) Is there any documentation for building ApacheDS 2.0.0 from trunk?  All the docs I
find are talking about 1.5, and nothing I find seems to build anything complete and correct
enough to get running.
> 2) When can I expect to see the official M4 build packages show up online?
>
> I would love to be able to build from trunk, and I would love to be able to use ApacheDS,
but I've burned about a week on this so far, with nothing functioning, and I have actual production
need :(

> Any help is appreciated, thanks.
>
> -j
>
> On Oct 17, 2011, at 6:42 PM, Jonathan Disher wrote:
>
>> OK, I'm kind of stumped.
>>
>> I have successfully built ApacheDS from trunk a couple of times, but cannot get it
deployed on my directory system.  It installs, but refuses to start, complaining about no
schema present.  Where do I get the schema files from, or why are they not packaged up with
the rest of apaches when I build a package?

>> -j
>>
>> On Oct 13, 2011, at 2:29 PM, Jonathan Disher wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, kerberos failed, I commented it out because I don't run it.
>>>
>>> I will let you know
>>>
>>> -j

I could deploy it to my admin nodes), but can't get it to start because things are missing,
and unfortunately the documentation for 2.0 is, well, nonexistent.  Right now it's vomiting
on the lack of any schema ldif/structure being present.  I am trying to not build locally
on the admin nodes, they need to remain clean and reproducible, deployable binary packages
are required (I need to build, at last count, approx 13 replicas world wide).

 Is there any 2.0 documentation in any functional state?

 Where do I check out the 2.0 tree?

- Failed to initialize the log files required by the syncrepl provider
the log files required by the syncrepl provider
- Cannot start the server : java.lang.NullPointerException
- This server does not allow replication

to listen on 389), so creating files shouldn't be a problem.

and restarted the server?

<jdisher@parad.net> wrote:
> [...]
 I get this on my slave:

- This server does not allow replication

it to!

wrote:

> [...]
works in ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3 - is this correct?  If so, can anyone point me in the direction
of some configuration instructions?

like N-way multi master, I just need one master and a bunch of localized slaves.