directory-users mailing list archives

From Harakiri <harakiri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar - ClassNotFoundException
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:08:51 GMT

--- On Fri, 10/14/11, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:

> From: Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Upgrading to apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar - ClassNotFoundException
> To: users@directory.apache.org
> Date: Friday, October 14, 2011, 9:09 AM
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM,
> Harakiri <harakiri_23@yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> There are several references to fully qualified class names
> in the schema
> partition which will cause problems for you when moving
> from the old version
> to the latest release. This is due to class renaming,
> deletions, and package
> movement.
>
> I recommend you export an LDIF of your DIT and reimport it
> on the latest
> release. This is the least painful most well defined path
> you can follow for
> an upgrade at this present time.

I dont have any physically stored schema - its just a custom partition which returns static
values based on specific search requests - this has nothing todo with reimporting anything
- its in memory only - i dont see the custom partition example updated for 2.x and i need
the above code to initialize the LDAP server upon start