directory-users mailing list archives

From Steve Hayden <hshay...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question regarding migration from ApachDS 1.5.5 to 2.0
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:43:17 GMT
Greetings,

We are in the process of migrating from ApacheDS 1.5.5 to ApacheDS 2.0, and are seeing a lot
of exceptions with regard to the following imports/etc (the following is actually a subset
of the errors we are seeing, which are mostly "cannot be resolved"):

import org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerEntry;

import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapNameAlreadyBoundException;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.filter.ExprNode;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.filter.FilterParser;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.filter.SearchScope;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.AliasDerefMode;

import org.apache.directory.server.core.filtering.EntryFilteringCursor;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.Entry;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.EntryAttribute;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.Modification;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.ModificationOperation;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.Value;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.client.ClientModification;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.client.DefaultClientAttribute;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapAttributeInUseException;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapNameNotFoundException;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.name.LdapDN;

import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapContextNotEmptyException;

import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.AttributeType;

import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.constants.SchemaConstants;

I can find most of these classes/etc. in the JAR "apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar", but they
seem to be in different folder/directory structure (e.g. the old "org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.filter.FilterParser"
is now in "/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/filter/FilterParser"), however, other classes
(seem) to have been totally rewritten (e.g. "org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerEntry"
now (seems) to be "

./apache/directory/server/core/entry/ServerEntryFactory" with other associated class files
(./apache/directory/server/core/entry/ServerEntryFactory.class
./apache/directory/server/core/entry/ServerEntryUtils$1.class
./apache/directory/server/core/entry/ServerEntryUtils$2.class
./apache/directory/server/core/entry/ServerEntryUtils.class

(we created some of our code based on examples found on the web for Apache 1.5.5).

My questions are:

1) Is there a "migration path" from earlier to current versions?
2) What classes have simply been "relocated" within the path hierarchy, and what have been
radically re-written (see next question)?
3) Given we have written code using as examples what we found on the web, is it a radical
re-write to migrate From ApacheDS 1.5.x to ApacheDS 2.0?

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.

Kindest regards,
Steve Hayden