directory-users mailing list archives

From Steve Hayden <hshay...@yahoo.com>
Subject ApacheDS V2 Replication not working
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 03:24:57 GMT
Greetings,

I have created/configured two ApacheDS V2 servers on one machine (Windows 07'), named "ApacheDS_Server3"
(the "master", port 30389), and "ApacheDS_Server4" (the "slave", port 40489). (I configured
these using instructions documented in "users@directory.apage.org" email thread "How to create
multiple instances of ApacheDS V2 on one machine".

I start the two from a Cygwin command line prompt using the following command:

java -jar apacheds-service-2.0.0-M3.jar instances/ApacheDS_Server3/

(this is for the master, for the slave, an identical command with only the last character
is changed to "4")

I can "Open Connection" in Apache Directory Studio on both servers, and they seem healthy.
On the master I have imported the following LDIF:

dn: ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
changetype: modify
add: ads-replReqHandler
ads-replReqHandler: org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler
-

And on the slave, I have imported the following LDIF:

dn: ads-replConsumerId=1,ou=replConsumers,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectClass: ads-base
objectClass: ads-replConsumer
objectClass: top
ads-replAliasDerefMode: never
ads-replAttributes: *
ads-replConsumerId: 1
ads-replProvHostName: localhost
ads-replProvPort: 30389
ads-replRefreshInterval: 60000
ads-replRefreshNPersist: true
ads-replSearchFilter: (objectClass=*)
ads-replSearchScope: sub
ads-replSearchSizeLimit: 0
ads-replSearchTimeOut: 0
ads-replUserDn: uid=admin,ou=system
ads-replUserPassword:: secret
ads-searchBaseDN: ou=system

I can start/stop both servers and that seem to behave normally. When I stop the master, it
seems the slave IS "listening", as it throws the following exception:

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:37)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:250)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:223)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:248)
        at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioProcessor.read(NioProcessor.java:280)

However, no data gets replicated from "ou=system". I have users in "ou=users", I have an element
in "ou=system" ("ou=MyDevices"), I have added a new user since replication was "turned on",
and none of this data gets propagated to the slave.

I also changed the refresh interval to a shorter period (5000), as well as I had the incorrect
value for the port in the LDIF file, and changed it in Apache Directory Studio. Making this
change there should not be a problem, right?

Is there anything obvious in my data (above), or in my methodology, that would prevent data
from being replicated?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kindest regards,
Steve