directory-users mailing list archives

From Steve Hayden <hshay...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS "Tools" "dump" question
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:50:15 GMT
Greetings,

First, let me say I'm sorry to keep pestering you with additional questions and express my
gratitude for your help.

With regard to your statements "the config reader won't support at the moment", and "will
fix this in the trunk", please help me understand these.

1) Is the "config reader" the "utility" within Apache Directory Studio that will be reading
in the LDIF snippets you provided, and that data will be added to the "ou=config" within the
LDAP as seen in Apache Directory Studio (more specifically, where in hierarchy as seen in
Apache Directory Studio does the replication configuration data go)?
2) As far as the "will fix this in the trunk", how/when could one lay hands on the update?
3) Is there an "alternate" way to (for lack of better word) "ingest" the LDIF into a directory
other than Apache Directory Studio "import LDIF" (e.g could a Java program/method "populate"
that data into a directory)?
4) And if one can "programmatically" add (or update existing) "replication" data, one could
do this anytime (for example, once I've populated the LDAP with the data in step 2 below (the
slave), if I wanted the slave to become the master, and create another server to become a
new slave, could I simply apply the associated #1 and #2 LDIF files to the appropriate servers/machines?
5) Would you consider ApacheDS 2.0 ready for production?

(I apologize if I've used the wrong/confusing jargon, please bear with me.)

Kindest regards/thanks,
Steve