directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Creating a custom partition in ApacheDS 2.0 M3
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:22:26 GMT
On 22 sept. 2011, at 15:15, Oliver Schmidt wrote:

> Hi Pierre-Arnaud,
>
> no, I didn't since I didn't know which indexes are important and I assumed that ApacheDS
would create those entries for me.

Unfortunately, no... It's doesn't (at this time).
But it would be cool if it did, indeed.

The example partition contains the minimal set of indexes (mostly system indexes).
You can also add additional ones if your entries need to be searched from a specific kind
of data criteria.

> So I'll try again after having created those indexes. Thanks for the hint! :-)

As Kiran suggested, a complete copy/edit/paste of the example partition and its children should
do the trick easily.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> Kind regards
> Oliver
>
> Am 22.09.2011, 15:07 Uhr, schrieb Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>:
>
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> When you created your partition entry, did you also create all the entries underneath
it, like indexes for example?

>> Regards,
>> Pierre-Arnaud
>>
>> On 22 sept. 2011, at 14:59, Oliver Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> since M2, there is no server.xml file anymore, right? So, I tried to add a
>>> custom partition via Directory Studio under the
>>> ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config entry, right where
>>> I could also find the example partition. Unfortunately the server would not start
anymore then. The error message is:

>>> org.apache.directory.server.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot open a cursor
to read the configuration on ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=myexample,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config