directory-users mailing list archives

From david jones <jonesd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changing directory of ldif/data
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:13:14 GMT
i'm having trouble changing the directories of where the ldif is read from
and/or where the ldap data is stored.

1) The below works if i set NEW_DIR to an absolute path:

 LdifFileLoader ldifLoader = new LdifFileLoader(service.getAdminSession(),
NEW_DIR + "/newSchema.ldif");
  ldifLoader.execute();

2) But this does not work, i.e. its looking in
System.getProperty("user.dir");, not DIFFERENT_DIR for the ldif file

service.setWorkingDirectory(new File(DIFFERENT_DIR));
LdifFileLoader ldifLoader = new LdifFileLoader(service.getAdminSession(),
"/newSchema.ldif");

3) Is there away to change where the schema and system folders are stored?
They seem to always go in to "user.dir"/server-work

4) does being on 1.5.5 vs. being on 1.5.6,1.5.7 change this behavior?

5) does creating a new partition instead of adding my new schema elements in
cn=other,ou=schema help/hinder this or anything else?

thanks,
david

--
David Jones