directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changing directory of ldif/data
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:40:11 GMT
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM, david jones <jonesda24@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't need to be after the service is started, isn't there a way during
> initialization to say I want all my ldap files to go somewhere besides the
> default?

there is, use the setWorkingDirectory(), I suspect that your app is
not setting this value properly
or there seems to be something else going wrong, it will be helpful if
you paste the code used for
initializing the server/service in your app

>  I'm thinking about possibilities such as a 2nd instance of the app runs in
> a different directory, but can use the ldap data from the first, maybe for a
> cheap and quick cold start redundancy

nah, the same data directory cannot be used by two instances (very dangerous!)
but in general the time taken to start the directory is very
negligible, are you doing some time consuming task during startup?

--
Kiran Ayyagari