directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS "Tools" "dump" question
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:34:59 GMT
On 9/29/11 4:17 PM, Steve Hayden wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply and information.
>
> Unfortunately using the Studio export/import is not an option in my application. What
I am actually trying to do is to create a failover mechanism for when a "master" directory
fails and must switch to another LDAP server (perhaps a sloave) that contains the same (or
most of) the data contained in the master.  In the ApacheDS source code, there is some "replication"
code, but it does not seem to do much/anything.

> Do you have any advice on how to implement failover/redundancy?

The best would be to use ldapsearch. I don't know if it exists on
windows, but it should be easy to find out...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,