directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] looking for simple config for password policy enforcement.
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 21:04:50 GMT
Hi, and thank you for your response.

I've been able to create a second policy all along, however I kept running into the same problem
when trying to add the 'pwdPolicySubentry'   to an existing user.
Is it possible to modify the  pwdPolicySubentry  attribute on an existing user?
 The schema browser shows that the  attribute has a read-only flag, ( NO-USER-MODIFICATION
 )

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2011-09-30T16:16:01.784
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 50 - INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS: failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST
Message ID : 31     Modify Request         Object : 'uid=1286309809116,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro'
            Modification[0]                 Operation :  add                 Modification
    pwdPolicySubentry: ads-pwdId=cproext,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@4b131069: ERR_52 Cannot modify
the attribute : ATTRIBUTE_TYPE ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.1.23  NAME 'pwdPolicySubentry'  DESC
The pwdPolicy subentry in effect for this object  EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch  SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12  SINGLE-VALUE  NO-USER-MODIFICATION  USAGE directoryOperation
 ) ]
dn: uid=1286309809116,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro
changetype: modify
add: pwdPolicySubentry
pwdPolicySubentry: ads-pwdId=cproext,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=conf
ig

Anyway, I then tried a NEW user and set pwdPolicySubentry and this worked, however,

#!RESULT OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2011-09-30T16:31:17.973
dn: uid=1286309809117,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro
changetype: add
sn: Accorsi
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: top
mail: null
givenName: Carlo
uid: 1286309809117
cn: Accorsi, Carlo
displayName: Accorsi, Carlo
pwdPolicySubentry: ads-pwdId=cproext,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=conf
ig
userPassword:: e1NIQX1ackowRjlOK0FreEdVbXd2YlRXS2RVL0XVdk09

Now when any type of modification is made to the entry  a LOOP_DETECT exception is thrown.

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2011-09-30T16:45:33.245
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 54 - LOOP_DETECT: failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST Message
ID : 21     Modify Request         Object : 'uid=1286309809117,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro'
         Modification[0]                 Operation :  replace                 Modification
    givenName: Carlo2 org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@902ef1ad:
ERR_333 Unexpected exception.]
dn: uid=1286309809117,ou=users,ou=int,o=cpro
changetype: modify
replace: givenName
givenName: Carlo2

Thinking this was because there were two policies, I decided to delete the default password
policy. Not smart, now the uid=admin,ou=system user can no longer bind..

I'm starting over but can you see anything I'm missing?

I know my ads-pwdcheckquality =  2 in my new policy.

Thanks,
Carlo Accorsi