directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Adding universal attributes
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:52:15 GMT
On 10 août 2011, at 17:36, Kevin Hamilton wrote:
> Editing an entry and adding my object class and the uuid attribute
> worked. But that still doesn't explain why it is not showing up in
> schema browser??

Probably a bug with the schema cache on the Studio side or a bug in the way ApacheDS provides
its schema via the subSchemaSubentry.
You can also try to reload the schema using the connection property page:
http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_connection_properties.html#tools_connection_properties_schema
Maybe it will work better...

> Also, I was wondering if there was a way to make the default entry
> view display the entryUUID attribute?

Nope, we only display attributes containing at least one value.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

PS: Sent a second time to include the list...

On 10 août 2011, at 17:08, Kevin Hamilton wrote:

> I am still having trouble even creating attributes.
>
> I go into schema editor, and I create a new schema called uuid-schema.
> I add an attribute called uuid with my desired properties. I then
> create an auxiliary objectclass called uuid-class. The attributes are
> optional uuid. I think export this as apacheds file. Then I go back to
> my LDAP browser and import LDIF and get the file.
>
> It successfully adds the schema to the ou=schema section in LDAP but I
> cannot view either the object class nor the attribute in the schema
> browser.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? How can I start using this new attribute
> when I can't find it anywhere?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kevin
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
> <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> How about defining an auxiliary object class which contains this UUID attribute (either
as a mandatory or optional attribute type)?

>> This would allow you to add the UUID attribute to any entry (after adding the new
object class to the 'objectClass' attribute of the entry of course).