directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom Active Directory Attribute
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:59:56 GMT
Hi David,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:24 PM, David A. Parker <dparker@utica.edu> wrote:
> I use Directory Studio to browse and update our Active Directory from my
> Linux desktop.  Recently, one of our AD admins added a custom attribute to
> the schema for all users.  The new attribute shows up in the AD attribute
> browser on the domain controllers, but it does not show up in Directory
> Studio.  Is there something I can do to make DS see the new custom
> attribute?

Do you mean the attribute isn't visible in the user enties in the
entry editor? Or isn't is visible in the schema browser?

In the first case please check if the new attribute's usage is
"userApplication" and returned by a search when requesting all user
attributes using the "*" atrribute selector. If the attribute isn't a
userApplication attribute you can try to enable the "Fetch operational
attributes while browsing" option [1].

In the latter case you can try to reload the schema in the connection
properties [2].

Hope that help,
Stefan

[1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_connection_properties.html#tools_connection_properties_browser_options