directory-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Hamilton <khamil...@umem.org>
Subject Re: Adding universal attributes
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:08:33 GMT
I am still having trouble even creating attributes.

I go into schema editor, and I create a new schema called uuid-schema.
I add an attribute called uuid with my desired properties. I then
create an auxiliary objectclass called uuid-class. The attributes are
optional uuid. I think export this as apacheds file. Then I go back to
my LDAP browser and import LDIF and get the file.

It successfully adds the schema to the ou=schema section in LDAP but I
cannot view either the object class nor the attribute in the schema
browser.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I start using this new attribute
when I can't find it anywhere?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
<pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> How about defining an auxiliary object class which contains this UUID attribute (either
as a mandatory or optional attribute type)?

> This would allow you to add the UUID attribute to any entry (after adding the new object
class to the 'objectClass' attribute of the entry of course).