directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Adding universal attributes
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:30:25 GMT
On 8/10/11 4:23 PM, Kevin Hamilton wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am somewhat new to ApacheDS, but I was wondering if anyone could
> help me with creating attributes that can be used by everything.
Define 'everything'...
> I would like to have every record contain a uuid attribute.
It's already the case. Every entry has an entryUUID attribute, but as
it's an operational attribute, you won't see it unless you request it
explicitely (add the 'entryUUID' attribute in the list of attributes you
want to get back when doing a search)
>   How would
> I go about creating a UUID attribute and making it "useable" by all
> objectclasses?
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I hope it helped.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message