directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:23:16 GMT
I guess it's a problem with the name of your custom schema which contains a space, which when
it is imported in the server causes an issue with path name containing a space on Windows.

My guess would be to try to change the name to something without spaces.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 1 juil. 2011, at 18:16, Luke Shannon wrote:

> When I try the import of the LDIF I get an error for every entry like this:
>
> #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 80 - OTHER: failed for     Add Request : ClientEntry     dn:
ou=attributeTypes, cn=pti Ldap Schema, ou=schema     objectclass: organizationalUnit     objectclass:
top     ou: attributetypes : C:\Users\lshannon\.ApacheDirectoryStudio\.metadata\.plugins\org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds\servers\a4ce4525-5dd5-4444-82bc-c3e906cc3400\partitions\schema\ou=schema\cn=dev\
ldap\ schema\ou=attributetypes.ldif (The system cannot find the path specified)]

> What is this file it is looking for? When I exported the schema to an LDIF I choose the
option to export it to a single file. I looked through the file and don't see any reference
to an external file?

> BTW, if anyone on the list thinks they can help me with this, I will pay 50 USD (paypal)
for an hour session via Skype to anyone who thinks they can walk me through this LDIF import.

> Luke

with and they are not available today.

>> However, I was able to import the schema file into a schema project of Apache Directory
Studio using the Import -> Schema from OpenLDAP Files. All the objects appear in the Schema
project without error, however they are not available in my ldap connection (when I do a search
for objects in there nothing from the import shows up).

> Your action only imported the schema file into the project in the Schema Editor. It didn't
imported it to the directory server itself.
> To do so, you need to export it as LDIF file (that's the format ApacheDS accepts for
updating its schema) and then import this LDIF file using the LDAP Browser.

> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

>> I should add I am also really new to LDAP, so apologize if some of these questions
are a bit frustrating.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Luke

using the Schema browser. However it seems my server does not have access to the objects I
loaded. Do ldap servers have a context or something?