directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:10:40 GMT
On 1 juil. 2011, at 17:53, Luke Shannon wrote:

> I was hoping an LDAP import could create these partitions, however when I run the import
it complains about not being to find the 1.accDev.com partition. Is there a way to do an import
where it creates the structure it needs?

Simply create the structure in an LDIF file and import it.

> The wizard for creating a context is interesting. However when I got to the 3 step, picking
the objects, I noticed the ones from the custom schema I had created when I loaded my schema
file where not in there. How can I make these available?

As read your mail a second time, I'm not sure you really created 3 partitions but rather one
partition with all entries under it, like this:

|- o=1.accDev.com
    |-  ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
         |- ou=accdev.com, ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com

Am I right?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> Luke

each I gave them the suffix listed in the info above. But when I connect to my server the
partitions are not listed? Only shows schema and system.

> This is normal. You only defined the suffix of each partition in the configuration, but
the entry itself is still kind of "empty" (it's just a DN ATM).
> You need to create for each partition its "context entry" either via an LDIF import or
via Studio using this guide:
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_newcontextentry_wizard.html
>

>> I have a schema file that contains the devAccount definitions and related attributes.
In the schema browser I was able to load these objects, but they don't seem to be available
to the server I am trying to load the LDIF on?