directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: [Community] How do I actually begin to contribute?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:10:36 GMT
Hi Oliver,

sorry for the late response. I think that's a great idea. I'd propose
that you start using the Wiki.

Do you already have a Confluence account [1]? If not please sign up.
Then tell us your account name so we can grant you edit permission.

In the past we had two user guides:
- The Basic User's Guide [2] and
- The Advanced User's Guide [3]
Maybe you could review them and make proposals.

If you just want to practice or write independent articles you can
also use the Sandbox [4].

Kind Regards,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Oliver Schmidt
<> wrote:
> Thanks Stefan and Kiran,
> thanks for your answers. I thought I might start with some user
> documentation for setting up ApacheDS server. I'm very interested in
> this project and try to use every feature of ApacheDS. So I'm gathering
> information from various sources and maybe could write for the manuals
> from a user's perspective (instead of starting just another tech
> blog ;-).
> What do you think?
> Am Donnerstag, den 30.06.2011, 01:25 +0530 schrieb Kiran Ayyagari:
>> Hi Oliver,
>>       good to hear that you want to contribute, feel free to post your ideas
>> in this list.
>>   P.S:- you can mail me directy if you have any specific queries, just in
>> case
>> On 29-Jun-2011 11:03 PM, "Oliver Schmidt" <>
>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I know that there's some information on how to contribute on the web
>> site but how do I actually start contributing? I mean, whom do I ask if
>> I wanted to write some documentation?
>> Cheers
>> Oliver

View raw message